Friday, May 18, 2007

Old Relations

I loved you once.
And I might have loved you still,
except you kept pushing.

You kept leaning,
I couldn't take it.
Especially when you want my dog gone.
You knew better then that.
You can't remove her from my side.

You blamed me,
You said I was a horrible girlfriend,
You told me you put up with so much!

I was your everything!
I was your life and breath.
You thought of marrying me.
You never wanted to let me go.
I was your sunshine.

Some would say that sounds wonderful.
Girls daydream of it all the time,
Till they find out for real.
Its only nice when its some one you like,
And even then when its in moderation.

I couldn't deal with it.
I was wonderful to you,
As you sucked away my life force.
You acted as a parasite,
Taking and never giving,
And I dealt with it,
Till I was on deaths door.

I never burdened you with my troubles,
I never stopped talking to you,
I told you everything,
And let you enjoy my life.

Now you won't stop seeking me,
Seeking my life,
You won't let me move on.
You traumatize me with this self hate.
Self hate for not loving you,
Self hate for hurting you.

Just let me go.
Its closing on a year.
Why?
When you have another,
Do you persist?
You love her you say,
But really you still love me.
You need to let go but you can't,
And I suffer for it.

Please,
Just let go...

No comments: